mmap Question.

Post by Rammoha » Mon, 09 Jul 2001 07:56:02

Hello All.

I have no clue about this, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jun 30 04:27:24 <hostname> printd[20936]: map_in_file(dfA108<hostname>)
- mmap:Not enough space

Could someone please tell me what is causing this error message and how
could i correct the same.

Regards
Ram.

mmap Question.

Post by Barry Margoli » Wed, 11 Jul 2001 05:03:37

>Hello All.

>I have no clue about this, any help will be greatly appreciated.

>Jun 30 04:27:24 <hostname> printd[20936]: map_in_file(dfA108<hostname>)
>- mmap:Not enough space

>Could someone please tell me what is causing this error message and how
>could i correct the same.

It's just a guess, but I suspect you need to increase your swap space.
printd is apparently trying to map a file in a mode that requires that
swap space be reserved, and running out.

--

Genuity, Burlington, MA

1. mmap question

Is it possible to "mmap" the physical memory space beyond the end of RAM?

We are considering running Linux on a VME-based i486 board (basically a
single board PC).  The VME bus is mapped into the physical address space
starting at 0xfc000000.  I'd like to know if we can access this space from
within Linux.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

--
Mike Kenney