pkgadd error under solaris 8.

Post by Shravan Kuma » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:10:24

Hello,

I am trying to install OMNI packages using unix pkgadd command under
solaris 8. i am getting the following error. can some one tell me what
is this error...??

how to fix this problem..??  i am installing the sw by mounting the sw
packages from another unix system.

## Executing postinstall script.
/var/sadm/pkg/OMNI/install/postinstall: 1247: cannot create
mv: cannot access 1247
/var/sadm/pkg/OMNI/install/postinstall: 1247: cannot create
mv: cannot access 1247
/var/sadm/pkg/OMNI/install/postinstall: 1247: cannot create
mv: cannot access 1247
devfsadm: driver failed to attach: lom
Warning: Driver (lom) successfully added to system but failed to attach
devfsadm: driver failed to attach: mom
Warning: Driver (mom) successfully added to system but failed to attach
devfsadm: driver failed to attach: nrp
Warning: Driver (nrp) successfully added to system but failed to attach
chmod: WARNING: can't access /dev/mom
chmod: WARNING: can't access /dev/lom

Installation of <OMNI> was successful.

Best Regards,
Shravana Kumar

pkgadd error under solaris 8.

Post by regimbal » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:56:16

Quote:> Hello,

> I am trying to install OMNI packages using unix pkgadd command under
> solaris 8. i am getting the following error. can some one tell me what
> is this error...?
> how to fix this problem..??  i am installing the sw by mounting the sw
> packages from another unix system.

Quote:

> ## Executing postinstall script.
> /var/sadm/pkg/OMNI/install/postinstall: 1247: cannot create
> mv: cannot access 1247
> /var/sadm/pkg/OMNI/install/postinstall: 1247: cannot create
> mv: cannot access 1247
> /var/sadm/pkg/OMNI/install/postinstall: 1247: cannot create
> mv: cannot access 1247
> devfsadm: driver failed to attach: lom
> Warning: Driver (lom) successfully added to system but failed to attach
> devfsadm: driver failed to attach: mom
> Warning: Driver (mom) successfully added to system but failed to attach
> devfsadm: driver failed to attach: nrp
> Warning: Driver (nrp) successfully added to system but failed to attach
> chmod: WARNING: can't access /dev/mom
> chmod: WARNING: can't access /dev/lom

> Installation of <OMNI> was successful.

> Best Regards,
> Shravana Kumar

From what you are telling us, you are trying to install from a mounted
directory !

You can not install a pkg on a local unix system from a mounted point
because in most case the sharing unix system is set to "ro  read only or/and
rw read&write"

What you should do is ftp the desired package to the desired unix box and
install the pkg localy.

------------------------------

If your intention is to intall the pkg on the sharing unix system and then
run
in on the remote unix box using a mount point this a bit different.

I would suggest that you set the intall program by setting automount

On the remote unix sharing box:
1st      More likely as root install the pkg on desired directory ie:
/opt/apps/OMNI.
           example:  pkgadd -d /cdrom/cdrom0/Solaris8/"whatever pkg"
2nd     set /etc/dfs/dfstab to share this directory
           example: If you want to share opt/apps/OMNI
                vi /etc/dfs/dfstab  (and add)
                share -F nfs -o ro,anon=o /opt/apps/OMNI
                wq!  (save the changes)
           Then share it with the command "shareall"

On the local unix box where you want to automount
1rd     Create a mount point on the unix system. Make sure the user
           are part of the group or own the directory ??
           ie mkdir /mnt/OMNI
               cd /mnt
               chown root:users OMNI

2nd    vi /etc/auto_direct and add the mount point you want to mount from
          (I can not remember the syntax but man automount to see example)
          Make sure that your auto_master contains line " -    auto_direct"
3rd     stop and restart the automounter
          /etc/init.d/autofs stop
          /etc/init.d/autofs start
4th    Run the command from the mount point. This should allow to run the
         program on the local unix terminal.

Remember above are just example and a quick summarization of setting
automount.
I don't pretend it will fix your problem,  try to sort where you want the
new program to be installed and how you want to use it.

I hope this may help you.

Marc

1. pkgadd error under solaris 8.

[...]

2. S3 Trio64 fully supported?

3. Solaris 7 pkgadd error

4. Linux Timed

5. solaris 10 pkgadd in non-global zone cpio error

6. The Microsoft Hit List

7. Q: Patch error: pkgadd: ERROR: no package associated with <SUNWcsu>

8. glibc, glibc sockets

9. pkgadd: Can pkgadd create non-root-owned symbolic links?

10. pkgadd errors -- help

11. pkgadd gives error when run in jumpstart script

12. help - pkgadd errors

13. pkgadd has cpio errors