Zip drives and Sun OS 4.1.x - vold equivalent?

Post by James F Mui » Wed, 02 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> we are using zip drives on sparc 2's running sun os 4.1.x.  we want the
> users to be able to load and unload the drives without signing on with root
> permissions. does anyone know if there is a program (or vold equivalent)
> for sun os 4.x that facilitates managing these drives ?

Try Digital Instrumentation Technology

        www.dit.com

they read/write zip jaz drives with mac pc unix filesystems

Opins are mine, mine, only mine.

1. Zip drives and Sun OS 4.1.x - vold equivalent?

we are using zip drives on sparc 2's running sun os 4.1.x.  we want the
users to be able to load and unload the drives without signing on with root
permissions. does anyone know if there is a program (or vold equivalent)
for sun os 4.x that facilitates managing these drives ?

2. 3480 tape drives and rs/6000

3. Novell on Sun OS 4.1?

4. does linux support routing card?

5. message queue structure in SUN OS 4.1

6. PowerMac vs Unix, CGI processing?

7. IOMEGA ZIP Drive + RH 4.1

8. ViewSonic OPTIQUEST V775

9. Matrox MVP-VME driver WANTED for Sun 3 with OS 4.1

10. Lint for ANSI C and Sun OS 4.1

11. reading a win/dos diskette under Sun OS 4.1.x

12. Problem about SUN Sparc running OS 4.1

13. NIS Shadow Passwords w/o C2 under Sun OS 4.1.X [Long]