How to check resources currently taken?

Post by Alex Sh » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 14:16:26

Hi,

By what command I can check how much resources (cpu time etc.) are
currently taken and by taken by who? Thanks!

Alex Shi

--
---------------------------
TrafficBuilder Network:

Post by ScriptOmati » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 00:33:39

> Hi,

> By what command I can check how much resources (cpu time etc.) are
> currently taken and by taken by who? Thanks!

> Alex Shi

> --
> ---------------------------
> TrafficBuilder Network:
> http://www.bestadv.net/index.cfm?ref=7029

uptime is one command that will help you with this.
However, it sounds if you should use "top".
Also, please grab a copy of the open source system and
network monitoring software package OpenSysMon.  It does
the monitoring you want simply by dropping a "plugin"
(shell script in any language) into the appropriate directory.
Check it out.

--
http://ftp.opensysmon.com is a shell script archive site with an
open source system monitoring and network monitoring software package.

1. How to check resources currently taken

Hi,

By what command I can check how much resources (cpu time etc.) are
currently taken and by who they are taken? Thanks!

Alex Shi

--
---------------------------
TrafficBuilder Network:
http://www.bestadv.net/index.cfm?ref=7029

2. Linux and USR Sportster

3. check resources taken

4. FreeBSD locking up the gateway

5. How do I check if a pid currently exist in a c program?

6. SANE

7. cp files command takes much resources...

8. nfs mount problem?

9. Which takes more resources?

10. <defunct> taking up resources ???

11. Microsoft Windows takes less resources?

12. resources taken by sleep function..

13. takes long time to boot - cleaning IPC resources