NIS databases updating procedure

Post by Ronan KEREBE » Sat, 14 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I got a trainig period in a system administrator place.

I have to develop an interactive application for periodic updating NIS
databases into 21 different slave servers.
I try to find some sites giving examples of such applications, but none
search engine manage to give me right URLs.

Could anyone of you send me right web locations, please?

Thanks.

K. Ronan

============||=========||===================
|                                          |
|  Nom : KEREBEL    |  Prenom : Ronan      |
|                                          |
|  E-mail :                                |

|                                          |

Post by Timothy J. L » Sun, 15 Feb 1998 04:00:00

|I have to develop an interactive application for periodic updating NIS
|databases into 21 different slave servers.

What for?  Periodic updates are usually done automatically by cron.
Interactive updates are usually done only when the source files are
changed on the master server.

You may want to read the following:

man yppush
man ypxfr
/var/yp/Makefile (on the master server)
Sun Naming Services Transition Kit Answerbook (since you apparently
        posted from a Sun computer)
NIS and NFS book (published by O'Reilly)

1. NIS databases updating

Hello,

I got to make an application for updating NIS databases on 20 slaves
servers, from the master server.
The slave servers will periodically contact the master to know which
files they have to update and when they have to do it.

Could you please tell me where I can find some examples of that kind of
application ?

I try to find it on the web but none search engines gives me right
places.

K.Ro.

2. Help! XL C compiler

3. How do I update NIS databases for clients??

4. ksh/Bourne shell variable for an arbitrary user's $HOME ??

5. Q:NIS yppasswdd won't update the database automatically

6. Moving up to UNIX world

7. Error running external procedure from oracle database

8. Need: Adv Prog Guide To Unix Sys V

9. Standard procedure for multiple processes using single database?

10. Help: NIS+ password information update failed while talking to NIS+ passwd daemon

11. NIS password not updating right away on NIS client running CentOS

12. Patches and Errata Update Procedure

13. Shared library updated procedure