Installing HP 4Plus on SOL2.5(Serial)

Post by shoss.. » Wed, 14 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Any Idean how to setup an IPX with HP LJ4Plus?
Locally and obviously thru serial ports.
Many Thanks in advance for your replies.
Tony

Post by Gary Kitagaw » Wed, 14 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> Any Idean how to setup an IPX with HP LJ4Plus?
> Locally and obviously thru serial ports.
> Many Thanks in advance for your replies.

Check the man pages for 'lpadmin' for detailed info.

        -m<model> | -i <interface } [ -c<class> ... ]
        [{ -l | -h }]

<printer> is the name of the printer (internally in the
        queuing system and for user commands).  The limit
        is 14 alphanumerics and underscores.

<device> is the file that the printer is associated with;
        this is usually a special file in /dev (e.g. /usr/pr1)
        but can be any file.

-e|-m|-i tell the queuing system which printer interface
        program should be used

With Solaris, you need to specify what type of input your printer
can handle.  This is done with the '-I' option.  If you're using
Postscript, you might want '-I postscript,simple'.

Hope this helps.

gary

1. HP 4Plus 9-pin Pinouts

I recently upgraded hardware and AIX level (from 4.1.5 to 4.3) and
have now a non-functional HP 4P printer.  It worked just fine before
the upgrade and now won't work at all - save for a lovely 600dpi test
page.

I have obtained a cable from HP (part # HP2933A) which is a db9-db25
cable.  I am hoping someone can provide me with the signal
configuration on either end of this cable (or at least the 9 pin end)
so that I know where I'm going astray.

Of course, if someone can shed further light on HP 4P specific
installations, I'd be most grateful ;)  The printer, by the way, is
installed on a 128-port adapter.

Cheers,
Steve Ryder
Senior Systems Consultant
Penlieu Consultants Inc.
www.penlieu.com
All spam gleefully and automatically redirected to /dev/null.

2. Dial back using dip as slip server

3. Remote Linux printer server- HP Laserjet 4Plus

4. "Copy and Paste" btw cmdtool <-> xterm

5. HP Laserjet 4Plus Printer Server

6. POP Mail Server

7. Installing HP Plotter on serial port

8. Tornado 2.2

9. HP4m on SS10 serial port , or SOL2.3 client for SGI print server

10. telnet no longer works well after sol2.4 to sol2.5.1 upgrade

11. Moving a disk from Sol2.3 to Sol2.4 : will it work ?

12. sol2.5.1 buggier than sol2.4

13. Configuring HPLJ 4 on serial line - SPARC10, Sol2.5