Xresource for Pane-sash color?

1. defining COLOR for Xresources (XDM)

In /var/X11R6/lib/xmd/Xresources there is a section which sets the
colors for the login box for XDM --

    #ifdef COLOR
        "display everything in color"
    #else
        "display everything in black and white"
    #endif

After setting the colors in this file and rebooting, I discovered that
COLOR has apparently not been defined, as all of my text is in black and
white.  Where and to what should COLOR be defined?

2. changing video resolution/depth on sparc-5?

3. .Xresources / color-xterm

4. Safe with firewall/fileserver combo?

5. Changing mouse color for XTerm in .Xresources?

6. rlogin script

7. .Xresources and Rxvt colors

8. Graph showing serious network performance anomaly

9. sinix sash harddisk problem

10. SASH - Please what's going on

11. Systems Administration Shell(sash)

12. ANNOUNCE: sash (stand-alone shell) for Linux

13. sash: systems administration shell