Multicast & Sun Fastethernet HME...

Post by Ian Dicke » Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Having trouble getting multicast support into a kernel along with the SUN
Fastethernet HME driver under SunOS 4.1.4 on a SPARC 10.  I can install
one or the other and get a working kernel but not both...  I'm getting
"_addmultiaddr" and "_delmultiaddr" unresolved symbols when compiling a kernel
using both...

Sun FastEthernet driver version is 2.0...
Multicast is release3.5 for SunOS4.1.x...

Many thanks in advance,

--

                                        The Unseen

                                        http://south-border.com/users/ian

"Why do you have to mess with the fantasy?  We already know about the reality
so don't mess with the fantasy." -- From Wierd Science

1. Sun fastethernet (hme) adapter

Hi
I have just installed a Sun Sbus fast ethernet adapter card (hme)
to my Sparc5 (running Solaris 2.5).
This is what I have experienced:
if i connect it to a ALALNTEC hub 10Mbps port, everything works
fine. if i connect it to a ALANTEC hub 100Mbps port, from the
console, it repeatedly prints out  "SUNW,hme:100 Links Down" and then "
Using internal transievers". Later I found out there is a patch (103026-01)
for the hme driver. But when I install the patch, it told me the modules
need to be patched are not installed. But if I do a modinfo | grep
hme, I did see "58 f5b3f000   9f78   7   1  hme (FEPS Ethernet Driver  v 1.40)"
Furthermoe, if I do a "ndd -get /dev/hme link_speed", I got "1" ????!

BTW, I have tried to set the link_speed at the "ok" prompt,
but it does not understand the "apply" command. My prom version
is 2.15.5 !

Anybody have any clue ??

2. Unable to mirror OS (Sol10) disk using BIOS Integrated Mirror on SF X4200.

3. Sun Quad FastEthernet 1.0 SQFE/S on Ultra 1

4. diald connection too long

5. Sun FastEthernet 1.0 supported on Ultra?

6. parallel port CDROM for OS4.2

7. Sun Quad FastEthernet and Trunking woes

8. olvwm

9. Sun FastEthernet 1.0 or 2.0 be...

10. Lunix support for Sun Quad FastEthernet Adapter ?

11. Strange behaviour from Sun FastEthernet Adapters

12. Looking For Sun Quad FastEthernet 2.0 Drivers

13. 1 * FqCzCDVso-Strange behaviour from Sun FastEthernet Adapters