Windows 95 to Sco Unix Printing - Can any one help

Windows 95 to Sco Unix Printing - Can any one help

Post by Mark Koutsogianni » Wed, 13 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I have a number on p/c's running Win 95 that are connected to a Sco Unix
Machine via Tcp/ip.
I have 6 line printers connected to the unix box. I want to print to the
printers from Win 95. I don't want to have to set up a Nt Network to
acheive this. What do I have to do!
Regards

Post by Con Sultan » Wed, 13 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> I have a number on p/c's running Win 95 that are connected to a Sco Unix
> Machine via Tcp/ip.
> I have 6 line printers connected to the unix box. I want to print to the
> printers from Win 95. I don't want to have to set up a Nt Network to
> acheive this. What do I have to do!
> Regards

Get SAMBA do a search for it.  It will let you run Windows networking on
your Unix machine and it will let you print thru it.

--

Sysop - Home Brew University BBS   Brew City Campus       414-238-9074
Genealogy Search:  Brickner, Kane, Kimbro, LaClaire, Snyder|Snider,

Post by Bruce Howart » Wed, 13 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> I have a number on p/c's running Win 95 that are connected to a Sco Unix
> Machine via Tcp/ip.
> I have 6 line printers connected to the unix box. I want to print to the
> printers from Win 95. I don't want to have to set up a Nt Network to
> acheive this. What do I have to do!
> Regards

Get samba > it will allow you to not only print to the printers
but also share your file systems on the unix box to the pc's (if
you want to )

Cheers
Bruce
:)

1. Network printing from SCO Unix to a Windows 95 Printer

I have SCO Unix 3.2v5.0.0 with Advanced File and Printer Server
installed.  I have many Win95 PC's running telnet sessions to the SCO
box.  My problem is that I don't know how to print to the Win95 printers
from SCO.

If I go into "scoadmin" or "mkdev lp", then "Printer", then "Add
remote", I can't access "Windows".  It's in parentheses.

I'm completely stump.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Mail
would be prefferable, but I keep checking these NewsGroups as well.
Thx in advance.

Dave Williamson

2. Using \1 escapes in a sed substitute command

3. Accessing serial device from SCO UNIX under Windows 95 / Windows NT 4.0

4. lp /printcap settings for serial line-printer

5. How do you print from VisionFS on SCO 5.0.4 to a Windows 95 printer?

6. Linux 1.2.13 and Adaptec 2940 major filesystem bug

7. Printing from Windows 95 to a SCO server

8. Retrieve the CD rom volume name on Solaris 5.6 ?

9. Printing problem w/VisionFS/SCO 5.0.4 to Windows 95

10. Running OSE 5.0 and Windows 95 (How To Print To Local Win 95 Printer)

11. Printing from SCO unix 5.0 to an lpd daemon on a win 95/century term client

12. Windows 95 and SCO Unix

13. Windows 95 & SCO Unix Dual OS