Setting up wu-ftp for anonymous downloads and secured uploads

Setting up wu-ftp for anonymous downloads and secured uploads

Post by Eric Sorense » Tue, 04 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to configure wu-ftp to allow anonymous downloads,
but restrict uploads by domain name?

Anyone with that knows how to or even if this is possible I would
appreciate ideas.

Eric

1. wu-ftp anonymous access and uploading...

Hey all.

Not sure if this questions is appropriate to this particular newsgroup,
but hey, none of the others say comp.os.linux.ftp...

So my problem is this: I need to enable anonymous access on my ftp server,
the anonymous account must be able to read anything in the ftp filespace,
and must be able to upload to a particular directory.  I've read all of
the FAQs and HOWTOs on this, and followed everything step by step but no
luck...  I've included my ftpaccess file, which is the only possible
culprit that I can see, any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

BEGIN /etc/ftpaccess:

class   all   real,guest,anonymous  *

loginfails 5

readme  README*    login
readme  README*    cwd=*

message /welcome.msg            login message .message cwd=*

compress        yes             all
tar             yes             all
chmod           no              guest,anonymous
delete          no              guest,anonymous
overwrite       no              guest,anonymous
rename          no              guest,anonymous
mkdir           no              guest,anonymous
upload          yes                             all

upload /users/server/ftp        *       no upload /users/server/ftp
/incoming       yes     server server 0400 nodirs upload /users/server/ftp
       /incoming/*     yes     server server 0440 nodirs

log transfers anonymous,real inbound,outbound

shutdown /etc/shutmsg

passwd-check rfc822 warn

2. /etc/magic entry for GIFs

3. Enforcing upload to download ratio using wu-ftp.2.4

4. mrouted on linux 2.0.30

5. How to prevent anonymous ftp w/wu-ftp

6. Reading CD-RW from normal CD-Rom

7. WU Archive FTP + anonymous uploads

8. FTPing to a machine has 640 permissions

9. Upload problem with wu-ftp

10. WU-FTP 2.6.0 and restarting uploads

11. wu-ftp ls problems with non-anonymous users and pc clients

12. wu-ftp upload - is UMASK or ftpaccess incorrect?

13. Wu-FTP Upload