Lost Root Password UnixWare 2.1.2

Post by Robert Garci » Wed, 12 Jun 2002 03:58:08

Hello All,

We lost the root password to this box.  I need a bootable UnixWare 2.1.2
floppy to reset the root password.  Does anybody know where I can get one?
Or does anybody know of another way to do this?

Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Robert

Post by Nicholas Bachman » Wed, 12 Jun 2002 05:01:44

> Hello All,

> We lost the root password to this box.  I need a bootable UnixWare 2.1.2
> floppy to reset the root password.  Does anybody know where I can get one?
> Or does anybody know of another way to do this?

Depending on what filesystems it supports, you might have luck using
http://www.toms.net/rb/ to mount the filesystem and edit the password file.

--
+ http://www.not-real.org/~nick                                   +
+ How valuable is my contribution? Share your feedback at Affero: +