Printing to HP Laserjet 5SI/MX

Post by Rudolf Winghar » Sat, 05 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> How do I print to a different paper bin on the HP printer?

> Harold

Have a look at the model-script located in
/etc/lp/interfaces/model.orig.

We decided to install a separate printer-queue for every paper-bin.
The selection of the appropriate bin is done by setting the mediasrc
and paper variables in the model-script.
This also should be possible by providing the correct options (lp -o )
to the print command, but up to now I didn't try out.

Dr. Seufert Computer GmbH               phone +49 721 6201 166
An der Rossweid 5                       fax   +49 721 6201 190
76229 Karlsruhe
Germany

1. Printing on HP LaserJet 5Si MX, duplex

Hi,
we have an HP LaserJet 5Si MX duplex Printer with 4 trays, DINA3 and
DINA4.

Here my /etc/printcap entry on my linux machine:

lp1|grisu:\
        :lp=:\
        :rm=<here_the_ip ;-)> :\
        :rp=lp1:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp1:\
        :lf=/var/spool/lpd/lp1/log:\
        :af=/var/spool/lpd/lp1/acct:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:

How can I select a special tray and how can I say ,,print this
Postscript
file in duplex mode'' ?

At this time I use:

lpr -Plp1 file.ps
... this will print one side on one page (non duplex) and
uses paper from tray 1.

Any help?

Viele Gr?e aus Stuttgart ;-)
Veikko

--
V. Wnsche

http://www.mz.iao.fhg.de/wuensche/

2. changing file ownership

3. HP 5si mx prints to Tray 3 instead of Tray 2

4. sendmail and Solaris 2.4

5. Duplex (Double page) printing on a HP 5Si MX

6. Netscape Problem

7. HP Laserjet 5Si 2-sided printing

8. Top 10 posters comp.unix.shell

9. Problem printing graphics on HP LaserJet 5si

10. HP LaserJet 5si printing problem--ideas?

11. WABI 2.2 and LaserJet 5Si/MX

12. Changing printer options (HP 5Si MX)???

13. printcap entries for special options on HP 5SI/MX printer?