FreeBSD & Apache

Post by muhee » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hello Everyone,

I am new to unix and apache web server..However, what I want to do is that I
want to secure a website running in the apache server to certin people
only..

How do I do that!!!!..

Muheeb

FreeBSD & Apache

Post by hc » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

> I am new to unix and apache web server..However, what I want to do is that I
> want to secure a website running in the apache server to certin people
> only..

There are several ways to do this.

Here's a good article from ApacheWeek that summarizes user authentication
very well:

http://www.apacheweek.com/features/userauth

FreeBSD & Apache

Post by Muhee » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Thanks for refering me to that web site..

Muheeb

>> I am new to unix and apache web server..However, what I want to do is
that I
>> want to secure a website running in the apache server to certin people
>> only..

>There are several ways to do this.

>Here's a good article from ApacheWeek that summarizes user authentication
>very well:

>http://www.apacheweek.com/features/userauth

Muheeb

FreeBSD & Apache

Post by Chris Harshma » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Not a flame, but for Apache-specific issues you'll probably find a lot of help
in the newsgroup comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix.  That said, take a look at
.htaccess files, and make sure you're setting AllowOverride AuthConfig for the
directory(ies) you want to protect.

Chris

--
Chris Harshman
Supreme Commander of all that is UNIX

+1-310-840-8967

FreeBSD & Apache

Post by JoeX10 » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

do you mean you want only certain people to accesss certain parts of the site??
 if so  use the ".htaccess" file

FreeBSD & Apache

Post by muhee » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:00:00

yes, this what I mean..I did setup the .htaccess and I put it in the right
dirctory and still apache is ignoring it and I can't figure it out..

any ideas.

Muheeb

Quote:> do you mean you want only certain people to accesss certain parts of the
site??
>  if so  use the ".htaccess" file

1. FreeBSD & Apache on-site/remote system administrators

Hello FreeBSD grus,

We are currently running Linux as our webserver however, our new startup
company is looking into setting up more powerful Apache server using
FreeBSD. We are looking for good system administrators that can work
on-site here in Los Angeles as well as remote via ssh or some sort.

College student administrators who has FreeBSD and Apache webserver
administration experiences are welcome to apply. Company stock option can
be offered to qualifying employees. Who knows, we may go IPO someday.

Please send your resume or questions via this email. You may reach me or
Joseph at
the following numbers:
Cell Phone (Preferred) 213-712-2128 (from Noon to 10pm 7days a week)
Office 213-680-3336 Ext. 401(Joseph),  213-680-3336 Ext. 402 (John)

Thank you and looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
John Jenkins

2. Typo in md.c

3. Error: (21)Is a Directory: . . on Apache 1.3.17

4. FreeBSD & Apache (Off-topic?)

5. realloc problem

6. FreeBSD & Apache 1.3.19 SSI problem

7. ftape-4.02 and Iomega Ditto Max

8. PERL && mod_perl && FreeBSD && Apache

9. Apache & FreeBSD & secure pages

10. EIDE & FreeBSD; Windows NT 3.51 & FreeBSD.

11. problems with (Apache && Solaris && mod_perl)

12. Apache && CGI && uid || back to cern?