mailbox fail, pls help

Post by loui.. » Sun, 09 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I can't receive my email, when i get my email from the
unix shell, it says 'the folder is corrupted', i
have contacted my ISP, but noone answers me. Can
anybody pls help? Thanks for your attn.

mailbox fail, pls help

--
It's possible your ISP ran out of disk space while trying to append a
message to your mailbox.  To correct the problem, delete all messages in

Information Technology Group      === Phone: 64 9 307-9999 x8133
Auckland Institute of Technology  === Fax:   64 9 307-9901
PO Box 92006, Auckland, New Zealand =
http://web.ait.ac.nz/homepages/staff/mmohr/
If we have unlimited ability to think, why do we use computers?

1. help pls - fsck fail on boot; fixed, fsck still fails on boot

With the file system check during boot, get a report:
   *** An error occurred during the file system check
   ***   (blah, blah...)

From the shell, ran e2fsck -f on all Linux partitions.
The root partition had a couple of problems which fsck
supposedly fixed. (No critical files were affected, it
seems.  Interestingly, the affected files were ones I
had copied over from a DOS partition using automatic
CRLF-LF conversion.)  Rebooted, but got the same error
as before.  Reran e2fsck -f on all Linux partitions
again, all were reported as OK.  I only checked the
ext2 partitions, although there are a few non-Linux
partitions (FAT, HPFS, etc.); I assume fsck ignores
those, so even if they had a problem (I don't think
they do) that wouldn't seem to be an issue.

What is going on here?  I assume it is e2fsck that is
detecting the problem and returning an error code during
boot, so why doesn't it identify a problem when I run it
from the shell?  More urgently, how can I repair the
problem so I can boot Linux again?

(Yes, in case anyone is wondering, I ALWAYS do a normal
shutdown.  I am well aware how disastrous it can be to
power off the machine without shutting down first.)

Any help on this will be GREATLY appreciated, since a
reformat/reinstall does not especially appeal to me...

Regards,
Marty

2. How to open xterm window with term118 ?

3. hi, ftp port forwarding fails.. pls help me....

4. Considering Linux implementation instead of HPUX -- Advice needed

5. my restore failed, pls help!

6. Solaris 10 : Released ?

7. PLS HELP nohup & setpgrp fail - starting xterm for HUMMINGBIRD EXCEED

8. Restricting telnet access for users.

9. X fails... Pls HELP !

10. mail box fail, pls help

11. Setting up network card in Red hat Linux 6.1 failed,pls help.

12. Pls help: Failed to ping bw XP and RedHat 7.2 boxes

13. Could not open a connection to host: Connect failed, pls help.