hardware performance

Post by Erich Kreiselmaie » Sat, 22 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone know a source, where I can get a hardware performance
monitor
for HP700 (HP-UX 9.05 , 10.20) workstations?

Any help is appreciated

Erich
      ------- |     | |\  /|     Erich Kreiselmaier
         |    |     | | \/ |     TU Muenchen
         |    |     | |    |     Lehrstuhl fuer Fluidmechanik
         |    |     | |    |     85747 Muenchen
         |     \___/  |    |

      Tel:    (49) 89 289 16125
      Fax:    (49) 89 289 16151

      WWW:    http://www.flm.mw.tu-muenchen.de/~erich

1. Linux as WWW Server - hardware/performance advice wanted

Hello fellow linux folks,

I will be setting up a linux box to run as a WWW server (using Apache's
server most likely). Currently, I'm running on a Pentium 90 with an
IDE hard drive and 32 Megs of RAM. I suspect that I'll need to go
SCSI. What I'm looking for is real-world experiences/comments/advice
that others have with respect to running a WWW server. I expect
a relatively moderate load - somewhere in the neighborhood of 5k-10k
hits per day, w/ ~10 percent of those hits involving the execution of
some sort of cgi script on the server. Some of my questions are:

1) What is the most likely bottleneck - presumably disk I/O?
2) How much RAM would typically be necessary/sufficient? 32M, 64M, etc.?
3) Will the processor (P90) be a potential bottleneck, or needn't I worry
about it?
4) What about the ethernet card's bandwidth - is 10Mbps typically sufficient
for a server of this level?

Many thanks!

Steve Harrington
Tejas A&M University

2. Tux Paint alpha version available

3. 3D hardware performance question

4. driver for Alcatel PC-NIC

5. aix hardware performance counter?

6. recommended USB 2.0 PCI card for linux

7. Hardware Performance Questions

8. PPP won′t accept the +ua (PAP) in options file

9. ISP Hardware Performance Problems

10. stealing parts from the windows machine & hardware performance questions+ hands-off network archiving

11. solaris hardware performance conversion factor

12. HARDWARE HARDWARE HARDWARE

13. ISP hardware/software choices (performance comparison)