Still having name problems

Post by Bil » Sat, 01 Oct 1994 19:32:04

I still can't persude this Sun workstation to use the University's
name server. As far as I can see, it should just be a matter of
setting up resolv.conf to point to the name server. I shouldn't
need to complicate matters by running a local name daemon or
anything.

The situation so far:

If I use IP addresses directly, then I can get anywhere. I can use
names in the hosts file and nslookup appears to work OK and
produces nice numeric IP addresses for any name I give it. However
as soon as I try to use a name directly (with telnet for example)
I get an "unknown host" error.

I'm running SunOS 4.1.3.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

1. Having problems with DNS Server (named)

        Well, I think I did everything that needed. It's working well
when I set the dns server to itself, but when I try again on other
server it doesn't working. Does it take so much time to propagate dns
informations over the Internet?

        I think there's a promblem with the SOA record. I'll show my
nslookup outputs here...

Server:  ns.hongik.ac.kr
Address:  203.249.66.1

*** No start of authority (SOA) records available for ce.hongik.ac.kr

        What else I should do? IT'S WORKING FINE WHEN I set the dns
server to itself, BUT NOT in the case of the server is others (like
ns.internic.net)
        Please give me a help!!!
        Thanks in advance.

        (if you can reply me via e-mail, I'll REALLY appreciate it.
(actually, I'm in a hurry.))

2. adduser question and welcome letter

3. Still having problems with named during bootup

4. Vision 97

5. Samba Having Problems With Named

6. Telnet Handshaking sequence

7. Capture stills from JVC Video camera

8. freebsd printing using novell server

9. Sony camera download stills...

10. how to Delete files with having SPACE in their names?

11. Newbie having trouble with named not responding to machines on lan

12. Please Help - Linux:Having trouble using fifo (named pipes)

13. Urgent: Finding files having names starting with #