Hierarchical Storage Management

Post by McPi » Sat, 09 Jul 1994 05:21:19

I'm looking for information on storage management products that will run on
an RS6000 platform. Specifically, I'd like to hear about experiences with
file migration/archival/backup/restore software that uses optical jukeboxes
as a secondary storage device. There are a bunch of players in this market,
but I haven't even been able to locate literature with a review of the many
different products. Anything on this subject will be much appreciated. If
you'd like to send me email, I will post the results. Thanks

1. Hierarchical Storage Management Software

I am looking for a software package that will provide Hierarchical
Storage Management for Solaris 2.5. Our Online storage is an EMC disk
barn, the second level storage will be a slower array of disks, and the
third level will be tape (most likely 8mm).

Please CC me via email when posting a reply.

--
+| Derrick Shultz
+| Unix System Administrator

+|
+| <Insert Standard Employer Disclamer Here >

2. Crash of Filesystem, Help !

3. Hierarchical Storage Management info required

4. What are the ramifications of enabling setuid scripts?

5. shell scripts for hierarchical storage management?

6. Linux DNS XP Client

7. Evaluating Hierarchical Storage Management Options

8. Partition Table problems - logical partition chaining

9. HSM (Hierarchical Storage Management)

10. STATE-OF-THE-ART REPORT ON HIERARCHICAL STORAGE MANAGEMENT (HSM) S/W

11. Request for Opinion: Hierarchical Storage Management Vendors?

12. UNITREE - Hierarchical Storage and File Management Software

13. Hierarchical Storage Managment for AIX