UNIX DAT tapes to be read by/on WinNT sys

UNIX DAT tapes to be read by/on WinNT sys

Post by Ole Munc » Sat, 11 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi there,
I need a Windows NT system to read several tera-bytes of DAT stored
data.

Does anyone know of a program by which UNIX DAT tapes can be read
directly from Windows NT? or of another solution to the problem?

Ole

Post by Adam Pric » Sun, 12 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>Hi there,
>I need a Windows NT system to read several tera-bytes of DAT stored
>data.

>Does anyone know of a program by which UNIX DAT tapes can be read
>directly from Windows NT? or of another solution to the problem?

>Ole

The Mortice Kern toolkit comes with both pax and tar, gnu tar must be
around for NT too, you could try those, but unless you tell us what you
wrote the tapes with that is probably all the information I can give you.

Hope this helps
Adam
--
Please don't send me email.
If you must, then use the address as given, there is no spam-block.

1. DAT TAPE DRIVES: Wangtek can't read HP DAT tapes

I have both:
WANGTEK   Model: 6130-HS           Rev: 4G16
HP        Model: C1533A            Rev: 9503

Neither unit can read tapes created by the other machine. Is there a way
to create tapes that can be read by both machines?

I use a program called TAPEDISK in DOS and Windows. Tapes created on
either machine are readable by the other.

BTW, is there a program similar to DOS TAPEDISK in the UNIX world?
TAPEDISK makes a tape drive appear to be one large harddisk.

4421 Myrtle Avenue                                              K6PWY
Long Beach, California 90807                            (562)989-9413

2. Dip error

3. reading UNIX-Tapes under WinNT

4. HP 4+ Unix Printing Prob.

5. comp.sys.hp comp.sys.sgi comp.sys.sun comp.unix.ultrix comp.unix.wizards

6. ++++++ against lastcomm ? +++++++++++

7. Reading Unix formatted DAT tapes in a WIN NT Machine

8. How to convert %% to cr

9. Can Unix written DDS DAT tapes be read on Linux (PC)?

10. Reading DAT-Tapes in different tape-drives

11. DAT tapes vs. non-DAT tapes ( SCSI )

12. Reading Solaris tar DAT tapes on Linux?

13. Read/write errors with new HP DAT 72 SCSI tape drive