postfix : mail deferred

Post by Tim Smit » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00

can anyone tell me why mail reaches my mail server but postfix drops it
into the deferred queue? im sure its a tiny config piece im missing, but
i figure if the mail gets to my server it should be able to deliver
locally. thanks for any ideas.
tim

postfix : mail deferred

Post by Timothy J. L » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

|can anyone tell me why mail reaches my mail server but postfix drops it
|into the deferred queue? im sure its a tiny config piece im missing, but
|i figure if the mail gets to my server it should be able to deliver
|locally. thanks for any ideas.

What does your mail log say as the mail gets to your computer?

1. MAIL DEFERRED

Hi,

 Deferred:  A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

Well, I always did send messages to uunet, but now I can't. When I trying to do
telnet uunet.uu.net I have the message  Termcap entry too long. But If I do from
a router the conecction is OK.
Please your comments about this problem. Only when I do to uunet.uu.net is the problem

2. help

3. Mail is always deferred; is it Mindspring?

4. RPM Problems

5. Postfix fills up /var/spool/postfix/maildrop?

6. "linux for the rest of us"?

7. Postfix configuration: Sending mail via external server

8. SMC EtherEZ 10/100 Ethernet Card

9. postfix mail relay

10. Postfix Mail Server

11. ???problems receiving external mail with postfix on linux1 2.2.13-4mdk

12. Fout bij het verzenden van mail via postfix en bogofilter.

13. mail server behind router port forwarding 25 domain static ip postfix lonux