What should I do? "NFS Server mp670 not responding still trying

What should I do? "NFS Server mp670 not responding still trying

Post by Cheng-hung Hua » Sat, 19 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

I have just installed a SunSparc 670MP Server running on the
SunOS 4.1.4 with an external disk array.  The capacity of
the disk array is 5GB, and be divided by 3 partitions(2,2,1GB).
The 670MP Server exports one of the file system of disk
array to another workstation.  My problem is,

When I doing the 'tar' or 'make' command in the file system
,which exported by 670MP, on the workstation.  The message
as follows displayed when the 'tar' or 'make' command in
progress. (mp670 is the hostname of 670MP Server)

"NFS Server mp670 not responding still trying"

Then, the workstation waiting for the responds and the
message display again and again.

What should I do?  Do I need to upgrade the nfsd?

Any suggestion will be appreciate.
Thanks in advance.

What should I do? "NFS Server mp670 not responding still trying

Post by LI Net Tech Suppor » Mon, 21 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Make sure rpc.mountd is running on your workstation, this determines what
file systems are available for mounting and by which machine.