Magneto-Optical drive on sco5

Post by Bill Campbe » Sat, 09 Mar 1996 04:00:00

: I have magneto-optical drive PINNACLETAHOE-230.
: Whether may i configure this drive as floptical on sco 5,
: but with 230Mb capacity?
: Or, maybe, exist special driver for this drive?
: On sco 4.2, i installed its as hard disk.
: But i want informix to understand: i can change the disk if it is filled
: in during of backup as tape or floppy disk.

We're running Sony MO drives on OSR-5 without difficulties.  They're
just configured like any other hard drive.

As far as Informix is concerned, I imagine that their backup utilities
have some method of specifying the capacity of the backup device so
all you have to do is figure out how they do that and specify
appropriately.  I do similar things with Unify by setting environment
variables that specify the backup device, block size, and capacity.

Bill
--

UUCP:              camco!bill   2835 82nd Avenue S.E. S-100
FAX:           (206) 232-9186   Mercer Island, WA 98040; (206) 947-5591

1. Magneto-optical drive as file system

I have a Fujitsu Dynam magneto-optical drive.  I've been able to mount a diskette
written under DOS by using the mount command with the options

   -t msdos

But I'd like to set up one of the disks as a Linux file system.  How can I do that?
(I assume there are two steps: first format the disk "properly", then create the file
system on it.)

Paul Abrahams

2. Really tough ipchains enigma (possible bug?)

3. Magneto-optical Drives

4. Pull out your tools, it is time to measure!

5. Magneto-Optical drives ??

6. strange red hat 7.1 email problem

7. EIDE magneto-optical drives and Linux

8. XDMCP remote X login

9. [Q}: Using Magneto-Optical drive with Solaris 2.2???

10. ! NCR 53c810 SCSI card, TeraSys Magneto-Optical Drive: no access

11. Boot from Magneto-Optical Drive?

12. Does LINUX support Magneto-Optical (MO) drives ?

13. Fujitsu MCC3064SS Magneto-Optical Drive on Solaris?