Help: Cannot Locate directory/files after SCSI error

Help: Cannot Locate directory/files after SCSI error

Post by <JIA.. » Sat, 17 Apr 1993 23:50:57

Dear netters:

    I desperately need help for recovering files from a SCSI error that

happen unexpectedly. The computer is a silicon personal IRIS running under

IRIX 3.31. After reseting the machine, I could not locate directory and

files under a major directory (/usr/disk3 ). This directory contains all

my work files. The du command reported the same amount of space before

crash. But trying to login to this directory will fail (no such directory
exists).

     I do have a backup, but the problem is the machine will complain that
not enough space to restore (92% has been reported used before and after

crash, leaving only 12 meg left, which is far from enough ).

     Would any export in this field help me? I am using the machine to do

a major programming project and I am also the superuser.

     Thanks in advance for any help.

     Yaohong Jiang
     Queen's U.

1. Login Error -- getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory

Greetings,

Today, I started noticing a weird error message when I login to my
Linux box.

shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access
parent directories: No such file or directory

It seems like all users get this message if they login.  Same goes for
root.

Everything still seems to work alright.  I can see my home directory.
I can see the parent directory.  What gives?

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this?  Anyone seen this before?

Thanks.

-j

2. using grep and sed...

3. HELP: linker ld: cannot locate file for -lposix4

4. Apache reading password file?

5. Xemacs cannot locate info directory

6. Bad Superblock; Kernal Panic

7. Emacs cannot locate info directory

8. logrotate question

9. error: cannot remove <some directory> - directory not empty...

10. Getting error: ld: cannot open -lX11: No such file or directory?

11. PROFTPD: Some users cannot upload files, some users cannot get directory listing

12. Fatal server error... cannot open /dev/tty0 (No such file or directory)

13. Help : Cannot create file system error during installation : linux 7.0 (ULTRA ATA 100 Error ???)