tape backup

Post by richard.. » Fri, 06 Aug 1999 04:00:00

My company has an E450 with a 500GB filesystem for e-mail.  In the near
term, this filesystem could grow to 1-2 terabytes.  While we are using
RAID5, we'd like to make regular tape backups of this filesystem too.

Any cost-effective suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
Richard F. Strasser

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Solstice Backup 5.1 / DMO 2.1/Oracle 8.1.5: Tape backup failed : Need of 5.5 Upgrade ?

Hi,

we have the following installation:

Backup Server with

Solaris 2.5.1
Solstice Backup  Server 5.1

Backup client with

Solaris 2.6
Solstice backup Client 5.1

DMO (Database modules for Oracle) 2.1 with the last Patches, which
should give the possibility of scheduled backups

Oracle 8.1.5

Our Problem is:

we cant make a tape-backup with allocate ...'sbt_tape'  startet over
rman. backups to disk are running fine.

Starting a backup over nwadmin we get an error, because there is no
given a user.

Has anybody made a tape-backup from rman or nwadmin, without upgrading
to Solstice Backup 5.5?

TIA,

Nele

2. Using ksmbfs to mount printers!!!

3. Star tape size for multi tape backups question

4. pdflush -> noflushd related question

5. Tape backups.. Erase tape first?

6. Firewall FAQ Home...

7. tape backups, scsi tape drive?

8. record sound file

9. Conner 4584 DAT tape backup with 12 tape Autoloader

10. Tape Backup under Suse 6.0 with a SCSI Tape

11. ufsdump verification on norewind tapes (was: Re: A Tape Backup

12. ufsdump verification on norewind tapes (was: Re: A Tape Backup Question )

13. Pls help : tape to tape backup (re-sent)