UNIX accounting

Post by Ed Sto » Wed, 22 Jan 1992 01:52:18

I have turned on accounting on our sun4.  The report come out fine
except for one thing: the connect time and CPU usage is in minutes.  I
need the usage to be in seconds.  Can anyone help?

Ed

UNIX accounting

Post by Vincent D. Skah » Fri, 24 Jan 1992 02:37:03

>I have turned on accounting on our sun4.  The report come out fine
>except for one thing: the connect time and CPU usage is in minutes.  I
>need the usage to be in seconds.  Can anyone help?

ummmmm, learn awk maybe ?

--

How can one little insulated wire bring so much happiness!
                  -- Homer on the joys of cable TV in Homer vs Lisa and the

1. FREE E-MAIL ACCOUNT, FREE DISK SPACE, FREE UNIX ACCOUNT.

Sounds unbelievable right?? Well it's true.? What's the catch?
There is no.? Why free accounts?? Well as a Computer Science
major planning on gaining some administrative experience, I
felt it would be the best way of attracting users.? Any risks
involved?? One, the system is going to
be run by me, <Hehehe> an amateur system administrator.? I
have no professional experience with UNIX-based systems.? But I
know what I am doing to an extent.? I'm a 2nd year Computer
Science major at Ramapo College of New Jersey and I've worked on a
UNIX-based system for 2 years and now my new Linux system for a few
months.? Obviously I don't know the
in's and out's of it and so that's the risk you have to deal with.
So how much harm could I do?? Well I could unintentionally delete
your account with about 10 key strokes.? So what do I plan to do
about that?? Well daily/weekly backups will need to be performed.
Anything else I need to know?? Well you need an internet connection
to reach my system.

Well I have much more to tell you, but let me head into one area
which I need to mention.? A free account is great, but if it leads
to abuse there will be problems.? I'll tell you know that I reserve
the right to remove your account at any time if I sense abuse.? That
means all of Megabytes of your important e-mail will be lost.? I'm telling
you this now because I'm sure there will be people on here that know
more about computers than I.? But if I sense anything, I have have to
take action in order to prevent everyone else from being screwed.? Well
that's about it.? If you are still interested and want to know more give me

2. SSH Setup

3. 2 Netscape questions

4. FREE E-MAIL ACCOUNT, FREE DISK SPACE, FREE UNIX ACCOUNT

5. How to Screen Resolution

6. Dynamic PPP?

7. FREE EMAIL ACCOUNT FREE DISK SPACE FREE UNIX ACCOUNT

8. Unix Account

9. adding samba attributes to multiple unix accounts

10. REQ: FRee unix account

11. <firstname>.<lastname> for UNIX accounts