Configuring sendmail for POP

Post by Mike Coff » Fri, 03 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I would appreciate any help in this matter: Is there any way
to configure sendmail to retrieve mail from another POP server?
If so, I would *love* to have detailed information on the steps
required to do so.  Thanks in advance.

-Mike Coffey

Post by Lim Fu » Sat, 04 Jan 1997 04:00:00

: I would appreciate any help in this matter: Is there any way
: to configure sendmail to retrieve mail from another POP server?
: If so, I would *love* to have detailed information on the steps
: required to do so.  Thanks in advance.

run local sendmail, and then use fetchmail to retrieve the mails via pop.
fetchmail home page may be found via netsearch.

Hope this helps.

--
-Lim Fung

1. Arghh, Just when I get sendmail configured ISP changes to pop

I posted a message one or two days ago describing a problem with exactly
the same setup:
One POP3-account containing all the emails for our domain. I wanted to
get the mails via fetchmail and let fetchmail sort out the mail to the
local recipients using the To: field in the emails.

The problem is that fetchmail wants to send all mails to a local user
with the same name the "collective account" at our provider has...

The .fetchmailrc I use:

poll <mail server> proto POP3:
   user <pop-account> with pass "blahblah" to technik=joe ... here

local user joe - it just doesn't work!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Christian
cmeis <at> online-service.de

2. ANNEX BOX (8 PORT) and X-WINDOWS

3. configuring postfix / pop-server for smtp-after-pop

4. Remote login annoyance

5. Configuring mail to use pop and or lotus notes.

6. KDSKBLED

7. configuring pop

8. elm thinks my mail file is busy -hint needed

9. configuring internal mailing with a single POP account

10. help configuring POP server.

11. How to configure mutilple 'Virtual' domain with pop/imap server ?

12. help configuring POP server on RH5.2

13. Sendmail AUTH and POPS, IMAPS