portable way to get load average?

Post by Kenneth » Wed, 21 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hello, does anyone know a portable way to extract the load average of a machine?
I'd like to set up an automated monitorng program for some Solaris and
Linux machines I've got.  I could just grab the fields from the 'top'
program, but I consider that to be a bit messy.

Post by Marcin Klimows » Sat, 24 Jun 1995 04:00:00

: Hello, does anyone know a portable way to extract the load average of a machine?
: I'd like to set up an automated monitorng program for some Solaris and
: Linux machines I've got.  I could just grab the fields from the 'top'
: program, but I consider that to be a bit messy.

have you tried uptime ???

                Marcin;)

..it's de facto >>--| http://www.pk.edu.pl:8001/ |-->> 2 line only sig....