FTP telnet rlogin Redhat 5.1

Post by brun » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi

Can anyone help with an FTP,telnet and rlogin problem please?
I don't know how allow only some users, or groups to have a connection with
ftp, telnet and rlogin on a redhat 5.1

Thanks
B.

FTP telnet rlogin Redhat 5.1

Post by Red Hat Linux Use » Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> Hi

> Can anyone help with an FTP,telnet and rlogin problem please?
> I don't know how allow only some users, or groups to have a connection with
> ftp, telnet and rlogin on a redhat 5.1

> Thanks
> B.

Try

man hosts.allow

Or perhaps you meant that the users should not have shell access at all, in
which
case you would set their password shell entry to /dev/null or /bin/nologin or
some
such.

FTP telnet rlogin Redhat 5.1

Post by Duane S. Bon » Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Redhat uses WU-FTP which has configuration files in "/etc" called -

ftpaccess
ftpconversions
ftpgroups
ftphosts
ftpusers

I think you are probably interested in "ftpgroups" and "ftpusers".

You can use the "host.allow" and "host.deny" files to control user rlogin/telnet.

-d

--
Duane S. Bone

http://idt.net/~dbone29

    on HP-UX 10.20 you have to edit the /etc/inet.sec file, try this.
    David Burstein

[...]

1. RedHat 5.1 telnet/rlogin timeouts

I am having problems with RedHat 5.1 (with 2.0.34 kernel).
Telnet/rlogin
connections for machines permanently on the network are timing out, even

connections to other machines on the same segment (where there should
not
be any network problems causing a timeout).  This is happening on
various machines with completely different architectures (eg, both 486s
and Pentium IIs).  I have had no problem with RedHat 4.2 or 5.0 where
connections don't timeout at all.

--

2. avance logic video card drivers

3. Can't Telnet or FTP to my newly installed RedHat 5.1 box

4. info please

5. RedHat 5.1: Slow Telnet and FTP

6. C-question about stdio.h

7. Telnet and Ftp problems in Redhat 5.1

8. NBD Hangs

9. Telnet (&FTP) under Redhat 5.1

10. upgraded to redhat 2.1, now I can't telnet, rlogin, rsh, ftp..

11. telnet, rlogin and ftp with Redhat

12. Redhat 5.1 dropping rlogin connection

13. Telnet and FTP - RH 5.1