installing GCC on solaris 2.7 make bootstrap errors.

installing GCC on solaris 2.7 make bootstrap errors.

Post by IH » Thu, 01 Mar 2001 10:09:24



I downloaded gcc295 from gcc.gnu.org and I tried to build it.  I received
the following error message while do a make bootstrap.  Has anyone seen this
before or know what my problem is?

Thanks in advance!!

make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/share/src/gccobj/gcc/f'
stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/bin/ -c  -DIN_GCC  -
DSVR4  -O2 -g -O2  -W -Wall    -I. -I.. -I../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f -I../../
../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/.. -I../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/../config -I../../../gcc-
2.95.2/gcc/f/../../include ../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/bad.c
stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/bin/ -c  -DIN_GCC  -
DSVR4  -O2 -g -O2  -W -Wall    -I. -I.. -I../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f -I../../
../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/.. -I../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/../config -I../../../gcc-
2.95.2/gcc/f/../../include ../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/bit.c
stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/bin/ -c  -DIN_GCC  -
DSVR4  -O2 -g -O2  -W -Wall    -I. -I.. -I../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f -I../../
../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/.. -I../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/../config -I../../../gcc-
2.95.2/gcc/f/../../include ../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/bld.c
stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/bin/ -c  -DIN_GCC  -
DSVR4  -O2 -g -O2  -W -Wall    -I. -I.. -I../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f -I../../
../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/.. -I../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/../config -I../../../gcc-
2.95.2/gcc/f/../../include ../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/com.c
../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/com.c: In function
`ffecom_possible_partial_overlap_':
../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/com.c:1599: warning: unused parameter `expr2'
xgcc: Internal compiler error: program as got fatal signal 10
make[3]: *** [com.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/gccobj/gcc/f'
make[2]: *** [f771] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/gccobj/gcc'
make[1]: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/gccobj/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

 
 
 

installing GCC on solaris 2.7 make bootstrap errors.

Post by IH » Fri, 02 Mar 2001 07:15:29


Opps...  I was out of disk space...   I have a new error though =(

make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/share/src/gccobj/gcc/f'
rm -f f771
stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/bin/  -DIN_GCC  -DSV
R4  -O2 -g -O2  -W -Wall  -o ../f771 bad.o bit.o bld.o com.o data.o equiv.o
expr.o global.o implic.o info.o intrin.o lab.o lex.o malloc.o name.o parse.o
proj.o src.o st.o sta.o stb.o stc.o std.o ste.o storag.o stp.o str.o sts.o
stt.o stu.o stv.o stw.o symbol.o target.o top.o type.o version.o where.o
`cat ../stamp-objlist` `if [ xobstack.o != x ]; then echo ../obstack.o; else
true; fi` `case
"stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/bin/" in "cc") if
 xalloca.o != x ]; then echo ../alloca.o; else true; fi ;; esac` `if [ x !=
x ]; then echo ../; else true; fi`
ld: elf error: file com.o: elf_strptr: Request error: no string table
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to ../f771
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status


> I downloaded gcc295 from gcc.gnu.org and I tried to build it.  I received
> the following error message while do a make bootstrap.  Has anyone seen
this
> before or know what my problem is?

> Thanks in advance!!

> make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/share/src/gccobj/gcc/f'

tage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/bin/ -c  -DIN_GCC  -
DSVR4  -O2 -g -O2  -W -Wall    -I. -I.. -I../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f -I../../
../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/.. -I../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/../config -I../../../gcc-
Quote:> 2.95.2/gcc/f/../../include ../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/bad.c

tage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/bin/ -c  -DIN_GCC  -
DSVR4  -O2 -g -O2  -W -Wall    -I. -I.. -I../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f -I../../
../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/.. -I../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/../config -I../../../gcc-
Quote:> 2.95.2/gcc/f/../../include ../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/bit.c

tage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/bin/ -c  -DIN_GCC  -
DSVR4  -O2 -g -O2  -W -Wall    -I. -I.. -I../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f -I../../
../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/.. -I../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/../config -I../../../gcc-
Quote:> 2.95.2/gcc/f/../../include ../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/bld.c

tage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.7/bin/ -c  -DIN_GCC  -
DSVR4  -O2 -g -O2  -W -Wall    -I. -I.. -I../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f -I../../
../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/.. -I../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/../config -I../../../gcc-
Quote:> 2.95.2/gcc/f/../../include ../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/com.c
> ../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/com.c: In function
> `ffecom_possible_partial_overlap_':
> ../../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/f/com.c:1599: warning: unused parameter `expr2'
> xgcc: Internal compiler error: program as got fatal signal 10
> make[3]: *** [com.o] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/gccobj/gcc/f'
> make[2]: *** [f771] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/gccobj/gcc'
> make[1]: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/gccobj/gcc'
> make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2


 
 
 

installing GCC on solaris 2.7 make bootstrap errors.

Post by Andrew Borin » Fri, 02 Mar 2001 15:03:52



> Opps...  I was out of disk space...   I have a new error though =(

<snip compiler stuff>

I'll admit my lack of experience with Solaris and compiling software for
it, but is there any particular reason why you're not using the pre-built
binary packages of gcc from www.sunfreeware.com? It's a Sun-sponsored
site, and gcc and GNU make installed fine from their packages on my
Solaris/Intel box.

--

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected us as kids,
we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening
to repetitive music."              -The Winter Queen, dc-stuff