Newsgroup Policies ?

Post by -ChaZ » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Just posting a quick note,
Noticed that my message stayed
in this area for about an hour
and then was removed without
an anwser, did I do something
wrong?
-ChaZ-

Newsgroup Policies ?

Post by Barry Margoli » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>Just posting a quick note,
>Noticed that my message stayed
>in this area for about an hour
>and then was removed without
>an anwser, did I do something
>wrong?

Message expiration policy is set by the operator of the server.  Your ISP
must be really hurting for disk space if they delete messages after just n
hour.

1. ICQ Newsgroups coming back (Re: ICQ Newsgroups kill NS

They're trickling back, including the icq.java.linux group.  Nothing there
so far, but I finally figured out how to get to them with tin instead of
netscape, which crashes when I try to access them.  Any other news?

Bev     *To e-mail me, change nOt.gov to nEt*
Not all cultures are equal.  If they were, we
would have a lot more cannibal restaurants.

2. EAGAIN on read

3. FREE FRED ZIFFEL! NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE! (Was re: Airnews policy: four newsgroups is excessive crossposting)

4. Linux Kernel 2.4.19rc3 PROBLEM

5. xSERVE e policies

6. uuchk/uucico dies

7. pthreads and the scheduler policies

8. Unix/Linux/BSD server question...

9. ipfwadm policies

10. Acceptable Use Policy

11. policy manager failed to initialize since Jan 1

12. 2.4.18: nfs_create_request wiping current->policy

13. Checkpoint NG(Policy Editor) running on Solaris 8