Is anyone using acmaint (from Purdue)

Post by Gary Sh » Sat, 09 Jan 1993 12:20:17

If you are, please let me know.  If you have tried and failed,
please let me know.  If you thought about it and tried something
else... please let me know.  If you are using any large-network
system management package (other than Athena's Moira/SMS) and having
a wonderful time with it... yeah, let me know.

Thanks, folks

        Gary
--

Dept of Computer Science
Lawrence, Kansas

1. anyone heard of "acmaint"

Someone handed me a paper today from a LISA conference way back in 1990
about something called "acmaint" from Purdue University.  It is a suite
of tools and daemons that help one administer accounts.  It contains info
about why they "rolled-their-own" instead of using Moira or YP or
Asmodeus (sp?).

Anyway, I can't seem to find anything more about this other than some
beta distributions of it dated 1990.

Does anyone know if this is still being worked on?  Is there a newer
version somewhere?  Did the name change or soemthing?  It sounded really
cool, but seems to have dissappeared.

Thanks

-Mark Frost
 Network Computing Devices

2. Slightly out!!!

3. Acmaint 2.0

4. Starting the Postfix mail system

5. ACmaint.

6. HELP! Solaris x86 Video Capture Driver Software Needed

7. Using the PEX5 X module (Has anyone actually ever used it??)

8. Same min/max io address

9. Anyone used Sun ShowMe video package using Solaris 2.4?

10. Purdue Unix scheduler

11. Help: RCS from Purdue U?

12. can anyone see the error in this script please I am BASHing my head LOL

13. Help: RCS for UNIX from Purdue?