Problem sending smtp unix mail through MS Exchange server to outside

Problem sending smtp unix mail through MS Exchange server to outside

Post by news.prestige.ne » Sat, 11 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I'm having a problem getting sendmail mail to pass through our
Exchange gateway.   The message is originating on an intranet HP-UX
machine.

Exchange is rejecting the message from passing through to the internet with

I have a makeshift DNS server setup and the DNS has both a forward
and reverse DNS entry so I'm not sure why it isn't working?

Also I'm specifying the domain in the sendmail.cf of the machine.

Our domain doesn't have a MX entry could that be the problem?
Any ideas are very much appreciated.

Thank-you,

Tim

1. Forwarding Linux mail to MS SMTP/Exchange server

I have a Linux machine which is (unfortunately) trapped in a MS Windows NT
environment.  I need to forward e-mail from the Linux box to an Exchange
client (or SMTP), so it can be distributed to other users on the Windows net.

My question is this: what should the .forward file on the Linux machine look
like?  I tried many combinations, including my Exchange (Outlook) username--
both with a fully-qualified domain name and without; I tried a straight IP
address, I tried an external Internet address, and I tried several other
wacky guesses.  Nothing worked, and MS SMTP is just stuffing them into a
queue "for later delivery".  Hello?

There are plenty of posts in this group about doing things similar to this,
but I can't find any clear-cut answers... any help is appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Write a CD

3. Sending mail from UNIX using Exchange server

4. EXT2 warning

5. Unix Mail & MS Exchange Mail

6. Mosaic 2.4.2 + term (TueV) under Slackware 2.0.1

7. Linux mail server with MS-Mail/Exchange

8. Anonymous ftp

9. mail - Sending mail to Exchange Server

10. Sending Internet mail through MS Exchange

11. Howto send and recv mail to MS Exchange question

12. Linux Firewalls, MS Proxy Server and MS Exchange Server

13. Using mail/Mail to send HTML mail via SMTP