Tunable Parameters in Solaris 2.6?

Post by Michael Maxwel » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before (and I'm sure it
has), but would anyone know where to obtain a fairly concise listing
of kernel parameters (tunables, set in /etc/system) for Solaris 2.6
Server (x86)?

Also, is the "no_exec_user_stack" option specific to 2.7?  Or is there
an equivalent to this in 2.6?

--
Michael Maxwell  <drwho at xnet.com> | Fight Email Abuse! www.cauce.org
  UNIX Geek, Programmer, Systems Administrator, Professional Target

Tunable Parameters in Solaris 2.6?

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Fri, 01 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>I'm sorry if this question has been asked before (and I'm sure it
>has), but would anyone know where to obtain a fairly concise listing
>of kernel parameters (tunables, set in /etc/system) for Solaris 2.6
>Server (x86)?

There's no such list (there's a limited section in the answerbook)

Quote:>Also, is the "no_exec_user_stack" option specific to 2.7?  Or is there
>an equivalent to this in 2.6?

noexec_user_stack was introduced in Solaris 2.6; the paramter only has
an effect on sun4m, sun4d and sun4u systems.   Not on x86 systems as they
do not support per page execute bits.

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

1. Kernel tunable parameters on Solaris 2.6

Where can I find the WHOLE list of tunable kernel parameters that can be
modified in /etc/system ?

I have searched all thru the docs on the sun website and have not found a
definitive list of all the valid tunable parameters.

The one I am interested in most is how to set the hard limit for the max
number of open files per process.  The getrlimit() command returns 1024 for
max fd's I need to know if this can be increased.

2. Best way to access internet?

3. Solaris 2.3 tunable kernel parameters

4. GTK or QT?

5. Solaris 2.x tunable parameters.

6. Go Green 2000

7. tunable parameters in Solaris 2.3 and diskless ELC

8. Connect 2 servers with SCSI for speedy backup?

9. Solaris tuneable parameters

10. Solaris tunable kernel parameters?

11. rlim_fd_cur parameter on Solaris 2.6

12. Where can I find and reconfigure kernel parameters in Solaris 2.6.

13. lpr's class-parameter in Solaris 2.6