skipping /tmp when doing dump

Post by Jan Wil » Tue, 10 Aug 1993 00:44:30

Does anyone know a way of telling dump to skip certain files/directories
when doing an incremental backup of a partition? I am thinking specifically
of /tmp and extra_swap (I am using SunOS 4.1)

Thanks,

G. Jan Wilms
Union University

1. skipping system dump : no dump device configured. Rebooting...

After skipping the installation CD and using part 1 of 2, I get a little
further.

What that means I have no idea, but more importantly I now get the Boot
args: kernel/unix.

The screen changes and give me the option for jumpstart installation or one
other??

The screen then outputs more text with:

skipping system dump : no dump device configured. Rebooting...

the machine then restarts.

Any help most appreciated, Steve

2. X11-server for IMac ??

3. /tmp vs /usr/tmp vs /var/tmp

4. Looking for a Tape Drive with Digital Display !

5. WHy does up2date skip package NOT in the skip list

6. Q: sendmail-8.8.0 problem, /var/spool/mqueue permissions

7. Hexdump: skip does not skip

8. simple ksh to handle .apprc file

9. SKIP for Linux and Sunscreen SKIP for W95

10. Mac TCP causes inetd to dump in /tmp space -> SYSTEM IS FULL message

11. Help with mail dumping files in /usr/tmp

12. Mach DOS emulator at ftp.uu.net in /tmp

13. How to limit the use of /tmp and /var/tmp by arbitrary users