sendmail

Post by Thad Brow » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 04:06:23

I am writing a web app that currently uses sendmail to send a receipt to
the user. The problem is I can't set the from attribute so its always

in sendmail so the email the user receives is from

Thanks

sendmail

Post by Barry Margoli » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 04:34:47

>I am writing a web app that currently uses sendmail to send a receipt to
>the user. The problem is I can't set the from attribute so its always

>in sendmail so the email the user receives is from

When you're composing the message, put:

in the header.

--

Genuity, Burlington, MA

1. sendmail 8.6.8 and sendmail.cw

As a result of the latest security related postings regarding sendmail,
I've got the sendmail 8.6.8 binary and configuration files (from our local
security group) but I can't find anyone to tell me how to set up
/etc/sendmail.cw for my site. Following the example file, if my machine
were public.x.org, /etc/sendmail.cw would look like:

public.x.org ftp.x.org

My machine, however, has no internet alias. What should be in my
/etc/sendmail.cw?

If you're reading this from comp.mail.sendmail, please respond via e-mail
since this is not one of my regular groups.

2. caldera staroffice3.1 install

3. sendmail SLOWdown (FBSD 4.1 / Sendmail 8.11.0)

4. SIGALRM

5. Sendmail routing to UUCP host on OS5.0.4 (sendmail 8.8.5)

6. NEC 210/SB16 SCSI2 Problem

7. AmiVIs+Sendmail+Sophos - Need a little help please with sendmail.cf for ..

8. Partitioning question

9. mail daemon: smail, sendmail+IDA 5.6.x, Sendmail 8.6.4, umail

10. AIX 4.1 Sendmail; comp.mail.sendmail

11. sendmail queue delays (Sun sendmail, Solaris2.3, SS10)

12. problem in unstanding sendmail/cf SMTP auth (Solaris 8 Sendmail 8.10) Please Explain

13. mail sendmail sendmail.cf problems