Q:what's the largest disk for 1+

Post by mary » Tue, 06 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hello,
        My name is Mary Delemarre and I have a question for UNIX gurus.  I
work in a lab that has 5 Sun 1+s running SunOS 4.1.3 that I wish to upgrade to
Solaris 2.x (2.4).  The 1+ have two small 105 MB hard disks (100 after
formatting) that are barely large enough to install solaris.  After doing an
"end user" install I realized what I really wanted was "developer".
Athough developer doesn't come with a compiler it does have all the support
needed to compile.  I already have some 20s that mount a compiler from a
Sparc2000 and wanted to do the same thing with the 1+s, but the 1+s are missing
most of what is needed.
        My questions: What is the largest size hard disk a 1+ with ROM version
1.3 can handle? Has any one tried replacing a ROM in a 1+ with a newer ROM ??
Please note that I have called the SUN sales department asking these same
questions & for pricing info, but I have not recived a response and its been
10 days.... So please help.

                Thanks,

                mary

1. Q:what's the largest disk for 1+

[...]

2. 3rd try: Procedure 2. Building a kernel the ``new'' way

3. multiport serial board

4. What's the largest disk/partition for ef2fs?

5. Kernel compile results in HD: unable to get major 3

6. 3 Qs: sio0 overflows, "unknown class 'root'", identd

7. Tesing

8. Memory & Disk Qs

9. 3 newbie Qs on partitioning a hard disk

10. Largest disk for 44p-170

11. Largest IDE disk for use with Intel Solaris?

12. Largest Disk Capacity on PR440FX motherboard