Memory Fault using the copy command (cp) on HP-UX 11.0

Memory Fault using the copy command (cp) on HP-UX 11.0

Post by Tayseer Ame » Fri, 28 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know why I get a memory fault error whenever I try to use
the cp command on HP-UX 11.0.
I rebooted the machine several times and that error still comes up.

Memory Fault using the copy command (cp) on HP-UX 11.0

Post by p. R » Fri, 28 Apr 2000 04:00:00

You probably need to apply some patches ....

Didn't anyone tell you that HP stands for "Hourly Patch"?

If you have access to the Electronic Support Center, you can do a patch
analysis online for your box, and it will create a bundle that will
patch everything that needs to be patched.

If not, call the HP IT Resource Support Centere and they will probably
be able to tell you what patches are needed, but the Patch Analysis is
that way to go.

HTH,

Rick

Post by Bernard Chandle » Sat, 29 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Does anyone know why I get a memory fault error whenever I try to use
> the cp command on HP-UX 11.0.
> I rebooted the machine several times and that error still comes up.

No idea. However while you are waiting for a real answer. Is that really
your store bought cp command?
Check the path to see if it is absolute. Is what you are coping unique in
some way? Did you try copying some known good small file(s). Can you do
diagnostics on the memory? How much swap space do you have? Check
permissions? fsck? You get the idea.

--
Bernie Chandler
http://www.nationwide.net/~bernie

1. HP-UX 11.0 Out of Memory Issues.

Hello,

Excuse me for my ignorance but I am having a problem with memory on an HP
L1000 running HP-UX 11.0. My client is a programmer and when he attempts to
run a make the aCC throughs an "Out of Memory" Error Code 12.

Does anyone know what this error code means? Or where I should look to find
out. Is there a resource for aCC errors anywhere?

Any help would be great,

Thanks,

Michel

2. How to let Apache_php3 server work well?

3. Checksum with cp command on HP-UX

4. SC4000 (ALS 4000) Sound Card

5. HP UX v 11.0 Iostat command

6. DNS nameserver problem...

7. Disable Source routed packets in OSR5

8. How to get CPU, Memory, Disk Utilization on HP-UX 11.x

9. File locks between Linux and HP-UX 11.0

10. How to configure PPP on HP-UX 11.0?

11. NFS Under HP-UX 11.0

12. getpwnam fails in setuid program using NIS+ on HP-UX 11