Sun 3/50 can't be NFS mounted by non-Sun Unix host

Sun 3/50 can't be NFS mounted by non-Sun Unix host

Post by Kevin E Cosgro » Wed, 03 Feb 1993 04:31:42

I'm trying to get a Sun 3/50 running SunOS 4.1.1_U1 and another Unix
machine to mount each other's filesystems over NFS.  The Sun can mount
itself or the other Unix box just fine.  The other Unix box can mount
itself just fine.  The trouble is when the non-Sun box tries to mount
the Sun box it fails and the following appears on the Sun console.

Quote:> mountd[188]: couldn't register TCP MOUNTPROG
> inetd[130]: /usr/etc/rpc.mountd: exit status 1
> [same two messages repeated several (20-40?) times]
> mountd[226]: couldn't register TCP MOUNTPROG
> inetd[130]: /usr/etc/rpc.mountd: exit status 1
> inetd[130]: mountd/rpc/udp server failing (looping), service terminated

Any ideas what might be causing this?  Are there Sun patches which might
have a positive effect on this?

Thanks....