Download Protocols, sz, rz, etc

Post by morpheus du » Tue, 01 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hello, I am looking for other various protocols for my system, ymodem,
xmodem, etc. Currently I only have rz-sz (zmodem) setup.

Post by John Co » Tue, 01 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>Hello, I am looking for other various protocols for my system, ymodem,
>xmodem, etc. Currently I only have rz-sz (zmodem) setup.

A lot of the UNIX sources for zmodem allow you to make soft
links to the sz as 'sx' and 'sb' (for xmodem and ymodem
respectively).  Check the source and see what it says.

To make the links:

    ln -sf sz sb
    ln -sf sz sx

(or at least to make the links on my UNIX system -- may
be different for yours :)

Post by Louis J. LaBash J » Sat, 12 Aug 1995 04:00:00

: Hello, I am looking for other various protocols for my system, ymodem,
: xmodem, etc. Currently I only have rz-sz (zmodem) setup.

Well, IMHO Zmodem is the best.  You might look in the "unix-c" archives
for the others.  Try "ftp.uu.net", and "archie" might be useful too.

--

1. Seyon: downloading (rz) works but uploading (sz) doesn't?

Anybody have this problem?

I can fire up Seyon on my machine, connect to a remote host, type "sz file"
there and receive the file automatically.  But uploading appears to wedge
itself: no data, or only a few kbytes, gets through, and I have to kill
the 'rz' on the remote hosts eventually.

There's some info in the FAQ about making rz/sz work, but it appears to
refer to a version of these programs that I can't find.

Can anyone help me out here?

2. secure TELNET/FTP package available

3. pine,tin,rz,sz etc...?

4. error with make depend

5. rz/zmodem: tip session, escape to local 'rz' for zmodem download

6. How to install SCSI + DAT-streamer on Red Hat Linux 4.2 (I'm a newbe on linux)

7. Help find "sx/rx and sz/rz".

8. user{add,mod,del}

9. sz / rz trouble, enable binary?

10. "sz" and "rz" for solaris 2.3 ??

11. sz/rz broken? - newbie

12. source code need for rz/sz programs .

13. sz/rz/minicom