Jumpstart not installing bootblk on Sparcstation2

Jumpstart not installing bootblk on Sparcstation2

Post by Ryan Matteso » Mon, 13 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hello folks,

I am trying to jumpstart a few sparcstation 2's and for some reason after
the
packages have been installed and the relevant 2.6 patches loaded the system
reboots and give the following message:

bootblk: can't find the boot program
Program terminated

The SCSI disk is target3 and I assume it should install the necessary eeprom
setting to allow this to work. disk is aliased to

The jumpstart server is a Ultra1 running Solaris 8 and am trying to install
2.6 5/98 on the Sparcstatio2.

Thanks for any feedback/info,

Ryan

1. Jumpstart not jumpstarting a Sparcstation2

Hello folks,

I am trying to jumpstart a few sparcstation 2's and for some reason after
the
packages have been installed and the relevant 2.6 patches loaded the system
reboots and give the following message:

bootblk: can't find the boot program
Program terminated

The SCSI disk is target3 and I assume it should install the necessary eeprom
setting to allow this to work. disk is aliased to

The jumpstart server is a Ultra1 running Solaris 8 and am trying to install
2.6 5/98 on the Sparcstatio2.

Thanks for any feedback/info,

Ryan

2. software to measure traffic

3. Jumpstart x86: How not to PXE after jumpstart finishes and reboots ...

4. slackware's setup program failing to find my atapi cdrom

5. SS20 + Solaris 8 = bootblk not found

6. How to write an assembler function and link to c prog?

7. bootblk can't find the boot program after reboot during install

8. UNIX based software to convert...

9. Installing RH Linux 5.2/Sparc on Sparcstation2 via my Windows95/98 peer-peer network

10. Installing Openbsd 2.7 on a sparcstation2

11. OS dump and bootblk install on Ultra 10

12. HOW: Solaris 7 install on Sparcstation2

13. Installing solaris 8.0 Early Acces on a sparcstation2