looking for IO per process on solaris 2.6

looking for IO per process on solaris 2.6

Post by kanni » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 18:22:09

Hi Group,

I have lots of disk-IO on a Sun 2.6 system and I can imagine 20 - 30
processes that may be responsible for it.

Now I'm looking for a way/tool to monitor IOs per process.

thx

kannix

Post by Chuck Dillo » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:21:39

> Hi Group,

> I have lots of disk-IO on a Sun 2.6 system and I can imagine 20 - 30
> processes that may be responsible for it.

> Now I'm looking for a way/tool to monitor IOs per process.

> thx

> kannix

man truss

-- ced

--
Chuck Dillon
Senior Software Engineer

Post by kanni » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:46:36

>> Hi Group,

>> I have lots of disk-IO on a Sun 2.6 system and I can imagine 20 - 30
>> processes that may be responsible for it.

>> Now I'm looking for a way/tool to monitor IOs per process.

>> thx

>> kannix

> man truss

> -- ced

it worked

thanks

kannix

1. Solaris 2.6 set Maximum processes per user

hi, there,

I am trying to set the maximum number of processes a user can have on our
Solaris 2.6/Sparc system.  Some unexperience users on this system made
the system down from time to time by using 'fork' system call in infinitive
loop.

The problem is I can't find any detailed information about how to set this
number. Can anyone give me some information about setting this maximum #
of proccesses per user?

Thanks a lot,

David

9.22/98

   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the World's Discussions & Usenet

2. Rescue w/ Grub & No Boot Disk

3. Maximum Number of Threads per Process on Solaris 2.6 ?

4. red hat 2.1 install script problems Does Not work as promised !!

5. measure io wait time per process

6. Screenblank for Solaris 2.2

7. Processes sometimes disappearing from Solaris 2.6+ process table?!

8. Linux friendly store

9. io-load per process ?

10. Looking for authors to help write a Certified Solaris Administrators (CSA) study guide for Solaris 2.6.

11. Extremely Slow IO operation on E450 (Solaris 2.6)

12. Solaris 2.6 --- Async IO

13. IO load problems with Solaris 2.6