looking for IO per process on solaris 2.6

looking for IO per process on solaris 2.6

Post by kanni » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 18:22:09

Hi Group,

I have lots of disk-IO on a Sun 2.6 system and I can imagine 20 - 30
processes that may be responsible for it.

Now I'm looking for a way/tool to monitor IOs per process.

thx

kannix

Post by Chuck Dillo » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:21:39

> Hi Group,

> I have lots of disk-IO on a Sun 2.6 system and I can imagine 20 - 30
> processes that may be responsible for it.

> Now I'm looking for a way/tool to monitor IOs per process.

> thx

> kannix

man truss

-- ced

--
Chuck Dillon
Senior Software Engineer

Post by kanni » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:46:36

>> Hi Group,

>> I have lots of disk-IO on a Sun 2.6 system and I can imagine 20 - 30
>> processes that may be responsible for it.

>> Now I'm looking for a way/tool to monitor IOs per process.

>> thx

>> kannix

> man truss

> -- ced

it worked

thanks

kannix

1. Solaris 2.6 set Maximum processes per user

hi, there,

I am trying to set the maximum number of processes a user can have on our
Solaris 2.6/Sparc system.  Some unexperience users on this system made
the system down from time to time by using 'fork' system call in infinitive
loop.

The problem is I can't find any detailed information about how to set this
number. Can anyone give me some information about setting this maximum #
of proccesses per user?

Thanks a lot,

David

9.22/98

   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the World's Discussions & Usenet

2. Rescue w/ Grub & No Boot Disk

3. Maximum Number of Threads per Process on Solaris 2.6 ?

4. Linux friendly store

5. measure io wait time per process

6. red hat 2.1 install script problems Does Not work as promised !!

7. Processes sometimes disappearing from Solaris 2.6+ process table?!

8. Screenblank for Solaris 2.2

9. io-load per process ?

10. Looking for authors to help write a Certified Solaris Administrators (CSA) study guide for Solaris 2.6.

11. Extremely Slow IO operation on E450 (Solaris 2.6)

12. Solaris 2.6 --- Async IO

13. IO load problems with Solaris 2.6