How to configure a EPSON 570 dox matrix printer to be a network printer?

How to configure a EPSON 570 dox matrix printer to be a network printer?

Post by Richard Chan » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Can someone tell me how to setup and configure a EPSON570 printer (with
parallel port) connect to a printer server box (with IP assigned) and then
connect it to a RS/6000 (AIX 4.2) machine in a Local Area Network (running
TCP/IP only) and use this printer as a network printer.

Thanks in advanced.

Richard

Post by Martin Hepwort » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> Can someone tell me how to setup and configure a EPSON570 printer (with
> parallel port) connect to a printer server box (with IP assigned) and then
> connect it to a RS/6000 (AIX 4.2) machine in a Local Area Network (running
> TCP/IP only) and use this printer as a network printer.

> Thanks in advanced.

> Richard

HI
if you make sure yousr printer server box has an LPD in it then its
straight forward as you can the AIX host its a 'normal' network printer.

martin