Modem Access

Post by Scott Nicho » Sat, 25 Feb 1995 04:22:04

Hello,
We currently have a modem hooked up to our unix system.  This has
been used for outside programming, and midnight system fixes :-(
However, I am now thinking about letting our employees use this
line for data entry from their homes.

o How have other companies handled password enforcement?

o Do you have employees sign a contract enumerating the significance of
protecting a password?

o What security holes do I open up because I'm allowing access?

Any thoughts, comments, etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks,
  -Scott

1. Modem Access - how do I program?

I am looking to write a simple expect/send type of script for the
modem in order to send some data to another site.  I can program
in C and in Perl so I could use either of these but I don't
quite know where to start with this...

Thanks
Derek

2. make modules_install inside $HOME...

3. Network modem access?

4. URGENT - require lha binary

5. modem access to my linux

6. LAT for SCO UNIX

7. Internal modem access problem

8. 4-Port NICs??

9. Modem access help

10. dosemu: grant modem access to mortal users?

11. Generic Security Systems for modem access

12. Cable Modem Access??

13. Safe Modem Access