cron-process PATH settings?

Post by Va » Thu, 23 Jun 1994 07:28:39

When I get mail from cron(1), it specifies an:

where is it getting this path?  I want to let a /usr/local/bin
override the /usr/bin directory so that I can add new versions of progs
without disturbing the original source/bin tree.
--
Protect our endangered bandwidth - reply by email.  NO BIG SIGS!

1. need general help with setting paths & man paths for apps

Hello, basically what I know so far (which is limited ) is that I put in the
path to installed apps in my path through editing the /etc/default/login
script.

also when i installed gcc I added the installed app to my path, but after
compiling there was a share folder and a man folder, I take it the man
folder consists of the man pages so how do I add them to my path as in the
man path also when installing apps I noticed some references to enviroment
variables such as LD_LIBRARY_PATH.... How do I set these variables to there
corresponding applications (permanantly).

Any advice on the enviroment variables or paths and what they link to and
when(e.g I have been putting the .bin directorys in my path in mt
/etc/default/login script) whould be appreciated.

regards
David

2. MemBase for Mach32 & ATI Graphics Ultra Pro (VLB)

3. How best to kill a specific process or processes using cron?

4. 8mm 2.3 Gig backup times

5. cron.deny and cron.allow files for CRON management

6. scsiinfo for Solaris 10

7. add in the PATH a path if not present in the PATH

8. gnome RPMS suck??? + a few questions

9. ksh: add path to $PATH only when ot yet in $PATH

10. zsh's 'typeset -U path' wipes out path/PATH

11. PATH=$(getconf PATH), but PATH for getconf?

12. set path = "$path" hoses path in tcsh -- why???

13. How to expand paths in $PATH like "~/bin" to full path?