problems configuring 2 dns on the same machine

problems configuring 2 dns on the same machine

Post by gre » Fri, 27 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I don't know how to fix my machine so that two dns (xxx.fr and yyy.com)
will be accepted by my machine and will show out the right html pages.

which file do I have to change (in the dns config an in the hhtp server) ?

Please let me know.

I'm using a sparc server with Solaris 2.5 and appache thank you.

Thank you for your support.

1. DNS -Problem to configure a secondary dns server

    Hello, I'm trying to configure a computer with FreeBSD 3.3-stable to
work as secondary dns server. When I init the daemon named I found the
following message in the file /var/log/maillog:
Oct 25 10:24:40 mulhacen2 named[130]: reloading nameserver
Oct 25 10:24:40 mulhacen2 named[130]: /etc/namedb/named.boot:1: syntax error
near ;
Oct 25 10:24:40 mulhacen2 named[130]: Ready to answer queries.

    My file named.boot is too short, by the moment, and has the following
lines:

;       $Id: named.boot,v 1.3.6.2 1997/12/23 21:05:55 jkh Exp $

directory /etc/namedb
primary dominio.es         dominio.hosts
primary 0.0.127.IN-ADDR.ARPA    dominio.local

    I'm looking for the problem but I don't find it, could someone help me?.
Thanks in advance.

2. OFFTOPIC: linux used in producing titanic

3. how to configure gateway and dns on my client linux machine to make it get online?

4. Login time

5. where to configure gateway and dns in client linux machine?

6. Sun Webcast Joke?

7. How to Configure Linux machine as NTP server and Solaris machine as NTP client

8. serveRAID and Solaris 7

9. DNS, NIS? Problems configuring in.named.

10. Problems configuring "Digital Priooris XL 590" machine

11. Problems with DNS/named 'remembering' old machine names

12. problem: configuring a 2 NIC machine to reduce network bandwidth

13. DNS problem on local machines