psnup in /etc/printcap

Post by Laurent-ja » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:29:13

Hi,

I am trying to get a postscript printer to print 2 or 4 pages/page. I
have found a utility "psnup" that does exactly that. However, when I put
this utlitity as a filter in /etc/printcap, I get no output anymore.

I've tried different ways, as of or if, with or without wrapperscript,
as a part of a magic filter etc, but no cigar.

Does anyone have something like this working?

ljm

--

reproduced, read or seen, dead or alive or by any means, including
but not limited to telepathy  without the benevolence of the author.

1. printcap & psnup

Hi all,

I want to configure a postscript printer to print two pages on one. The printer
is already running. The printcap entry is

ml03_N343|ml3|ml03:\
         :lp=:\
         :mx#0:\
         :rm=printserver1:\
         :rp=ml3:\
         :sh:

What I thought is to use psnup as a filter but I did not find any information
how to do it.

Any help welcome
Simon

2. Cable modem setup

3. Converting /etc/printcap -> /etc/lp/*

4. New survey of server usage

5. Netscape plug-ins, helper files, Acrobat etc.

6. Need modelines for Riva TNT

7. lpd/lpr broken? (/etc/printcap)

8. 2.5.53 AGP module oops

9. Need help with HPDJ720, printing script file and /etc/printcap

10. multi-tray printers and /etc/printcap?

11. /etc/printcap problem

12. nprint and /etc/printcap

13. /etc/printcap entry needed for Printronix P-300 printer