UPS for Sun3/50 at home

Post by Kevin E Cosgro » Wed, 03 Feb 1993 04:41:02

Recently this was posted:

Quote:> Tripp-Lite, American Power Corporation, and Best products were
> all recommended by name.  It's easy to find mail-order houses
> selling Tripp-Lite and APC stuff in any issue of eg Computer Shopper,
> and the two companies seem to be competing on price and features
> (good news for us!).  Best products are tougher to find, and seems
> more expensive, but got good reviews.

Can anyone speak from experience regarding the use of what's advertized
as a LAN UPS?  How does one configure automatic shutdown (overview, not
details) using one of these units.  I know how the RS-232 connected
units work, but since I've got a Sun 3/50 I've only got two serial ports
and I don't want to tie one up with a UPS connection.  A LAN connected
UPS would be much better for serial port availability.

UPS for Sun3/50 at home

Post by Kevin E Cosgro » Wed, 10 Feb 1993 09:53:34

Recently this was posted:

Quote:> Tripp-Lite, American Power Corporation, and Best products were
> all recommended by name.  It's easy to find mail-order houses
> selling Tripp-Lite and APC stuff in any issue of eg Computer Shopper,
> and the two companies seem to be competing on price and features
> (good news for us!).  Best products are tougher to find, and seems
> more expensive, but got good reviews.

Can anyone speak from experience regarding the use of what's advertized
as a LAN UPS?  How does one configure automatic shutdown (overview, not
details) using one of these units.  I know how the RS-232 connected
units work, but since I've got a Sun 3/50 I've only got two serial ports
and I don't want to tie one up with a UPS connection.  A LAN connected
UPS would be much better for serial port availability.

Thanks....

1. How to boot sun3/50

Hi,

I have compiled a netbsd kernel(1.3) for the sun3/50 architecture in order to
boot in diskless mode.
But when the sun try to mount the partitions i have got a message like
this:
        nfs boot timeout.
The server is a linux box with the nfs support enable.
Someone have already got this problem and can tell me how i can solve it?
Perhaps i should try another kernel??(which one then?).

Thanks.
--

                The Only Stupid Question Is The Unasked One

2. Adaptec AHA-2940 for redhat 5.0

3. Booting a Sun3/50 with root on NFS.

4. urgent help is needed: iptables -m state

5. How do I set default boot device on Sun3/50

6. Dual moniters and linux

7. SUN3/50 Ethernet Problem

8. How to set clock to MYT

9. query: example sun3/50 scsi drivers

10. Install NetBSD on Sun3/50 - a good idea?

11. Sun3/50 & NetBSD X11R6

12. sun3/50 as xterminal

13. sun3/50 as x-terminal