unable to mount HP CD-ROM on AIX

Post by Ben Hochstedle » Wed, 09 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I'm needing to mount an HP CD-ROM on an AIX box so that I can
install it's contents on my HP-UX machine over the network (I don't
have a CD-ROM drive for my HP).  I've tried mounting /dev/cd0, but
it tells me that it does not like the media format.  So, the CD is
probably not in the standard ISO format even though it says on the
outside its format is ISO9660.  I have a different HP CD-ROM that
contains documentation that WILL mount.

Does anyone know of a script or what to do to get this CD to mount?

(please send me email)

--

office: 812-232-2651                  fax: 812-232-2998
International Centers for Telecommunications Technology

I've just ploughed through the entirety of misc,hardware and setup, to no
avail;  I installed Linux from the sbpcd boot disk (as I have a Panasonic
CD-ROM drive hanging off a SoundBlaster-compat. card), and the CD-ROM drive
chugged away happily to give me the OS.  However, my concerns about the size of
everything I was prompted to install made me decide NOT to install the linux
source.

Now, when I boot up the CD drive cannot be mounted because of 'wrong fs, blah
blah, or other error'.  I interrogated sbpcd.h (I *did* install the includes)
and the setup was incorrect.  Because I can't mount the CD drive I can't get
the source off the CD - re-booting off the boot disk (sbpcd) and trying a
reinstall  from the CD using setup gives a warning that the CD drive can't be
mounted.

Should I delete the linux partition and start from scratch again?  I do really
need to access the CD drive, and I realise now that it is kind of useful to
have the OS source.

Apart from that, it's great having a proper OS on my PC at last!

John

2. Newbie : Suggestions to partition a 12Gb HDD (Win2000 + Mandrake)

3. unable to mount cd-rom:cactus digital cd:Linux version 2.0.0

4. msync errors compiling GNU binutils

5. PAS 16 CD-ROM and Slakware96, mounting CD-ROM crashes system

6. Slackware pkgtool help needed

7. Mount CD-ROM over network and report as CD-ROM

8. SUSE disk count

9. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

10. Mounting CD ROM vs. Mounting CD ROM

11. Unable to Mount Root won't detect my cd-rom

12. : 2.4.18-rc1 - Unable to mount CD-ROM/RW

13. Unable to mount CD-ROM in SCO3.2.4.2