Apache

Post by Michele Amorosin » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 20:36:46

Hi everybody.
I know probably this is not the right place to post my question, however...

I'm a Unix Administrator and this morning one person called me explaining
his problem running Apache 1.3.20 on a W2000 Server machine. He claimed some
problems about execution of CGI scripts.

Does anyone know which user run the CGI scripts in a configuration of this
kind (Apache on windows)? I have looked into the httpd.conf file but there
aren't any User or Group directives.

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance.

Michele Amorosino.

Apache

Post by Adam Pric » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 03:43:28

> Hi everybody.
> I know probably this is not the right place to post my question, however...

So send the question to the right place in the first place...
I have added a few to the newsgroups line.
Quote:

> I'm a Unix Administrator and this morning one person called me explaining
> his problem running Apache 1.3.20 on a W2000 Server machine. He claimed some
> problems about execution of CGI scripts.

> Does anyone know which user run the CGI scripts in a configuration of this
> kind (Apache on windows)? I have looked into the httpd.conf file but there
> aren't any User or Group directives.

> Sorry for my english and thanks in advance.

> Michele Amorosino.

Apache

Post by pe.. » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 05:05:49

> Hi everybody.
> I know probably this is not the right place to post my question, however...
> I'm a Unix Administrator and this morning one person called me explaining
> his problem running Apache 1.3.20 on a W2000 Server machine. He claimed some
> problems about execution of CGI scripts.

As you ask in a unix group the solution is to install some brand
of unix on this pc, then apache will work as expected.

If you have no plans for overriding wintendo with un*x, you might
have better luck in a windows newsgroup.

Quote:> Does anyone know which user run the CGI scripts in a configuration of this

--
Peter H?kanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)

1. Apache 1.1.3 -> Apache 1.3.1 (path problem)

Hi, I installed 1.3.1 on an existing install of 1.1.3. The box hosts only
one site in /home/httpd/html. I made sure I migrated the access.conf,
httpd.conf, srm.conf, settings as well as updated the httpd.init script. The
updated server started fine and I could load the main page. When I tried to
access a cgi page (with "/cgi-bin/" as the path in them html), I got a can't
find "/cgi-bin" message and the cgi-bin is at "/home/httpd/cgi". Do we need
to change the html or did something change with respect to root web
directories since 1.1.3??

Thanks,
Rex

2. newfs disk type question

3. apache advisory, upgrade my apache?

4. Question about the ide related ioctl's BLK* in 2.5.7-pre1 kernel

5. Apache newbie - cannot install Apache 2.0.46

6. Can't set EPP mode on paralell port....

7. Apache Jserv / java servlets under FreeBSD Apache

8. C-lists & terminal printer spooling

9. Q for apache GURUs: Apache Proxy and User Auth.

10. Apache with FrontPage 2000 Extensions, mod_perl, Apache::ASP, Raven SSL

11. apache module with pthread library linked crashes Apache 1.3.12 on RedHat Linux 6.2

12. Apache w/ DBM vs. Apache w/o DBM ?

13. Apache C-API: Obtaining user/password in Apache module