Dynamic IP Adress using SLIP

Post by Egon Rat » Sat, 29 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hello!

How can i configure my FreeBSD Box to connect to my ISP using SLIP,
when i always get a different IP-Adress assigned. In the FreeBSD
Handbook, there is only described how it works with static IPs.
Thanks in advance!

Bye, Egon

1. dynamic ip-adresses to fix adresses

In a dialin network the pcs get a dynamicly assigned ip-address.
in that lan the dial-in users want to access some hosts via telnet, ftp
and so on.
this is only allowed, when it is certain, that user1 has ip-address1,
user2 has ip-address2 ...

Is it possible to set up ip-masquerading or the tis firewall toolkit to
give a certain user a
fix ip-address?

Thanks
Norbert Wegener

2. problems with rpc.mountd after network crash

3. How to setup SLIP using dip for dynamic IP

4. Solaris 8 / jumpstart: Diskless doesn't find rules.ok...

5. PPP with dynamic IP adresses and hosts.equiv ?

6. Problem with PIONEER DR-U124X-4 CD-ROM

7. dynamic IP adresses in PPP

8. frame buffer device with nbsd i386?

9. masquerading/diald/dynamics ip adresses

10. Dynamic IP adress posting

11. isdn syncppp with dynamic ip-adress?

12. Cant get dynamic IP-Adress at PPP-Dialin

13. Dynamic IP-adress on 3.2v4.2