ufsdump > ufsrestore ----- HELP

Post by Samuel Chett » Tue, 22 Sep 1998 04:00:00

To Everyone and Anyone

I used ufsdump over a network to back-up a file system of another machine -
worked perfectly ok.

Now I want to run ufsrestore to extract some files from this tape.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP - Please quote exact command to achieve what I want
to do.

TA

ufsdump > ufsrestore ----- HELP

Post by Joe Durusa » Thu, 24 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Have you tried doing what the man page tells you to do????

Speaking only for myself,

Joe Durusau

> To Everyone and Anyone

> I used ufsdump over a network to back-up a file system of another machine -
> worked perfectly ok.

> Now I want to run ufsrestore to extract some files from this tape.

> PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP - Please quote exact command to achieve what I want
> to do.

> TA

1. set owner/mode after ufsdump->ufsrestore

I am using ufsdump piped into ufsrestore to back up a directory in a cron job.
But at the end it insists on asking "set owner/mode for '.' [yn]" which I have
not been able to avoid.  I tried dumping dir/* and I think I tried to redirect
the command input to the ufsrestore to come from a file containing just "y",
but I could not get anything to work.  Could be my inexperience with unix.

2. ksh script hung while reading from a UTF-16-BE file

3. ufsdump/ufsrestore questions over ssh....need your help

4. Newbie - Linux gcc & Small Eiffel; NEdit

5. ufsdump / ufsrestore help

6. print gui

7. Creating mirrored machine with "ufsdump and ufsrestore"

8. FONTS in Netscape HELP

9. Solaris 2.4 UFSDUMP/UFSRESTORE

10. 1 * NAqqIsWqA-UFSDUMP and UFSRESTORE to a new disk

11. ufsdump and ufsrestore to another system

12. logging the contents of a ufsdump with ufsrestore

13. ufsrestore/ufsdump on Solaris Sparc/x86 incompatibility